Does It Work?9.0 /10
Side Effects?10.0 /10
Price / Value10.0 /10
Support / Shipping8.0 /10
- High quality ingredients
- Best price for quality of results
- Does really work as advertised
- Coupons & discounts available
- Expensive International Shipping (Canada, UK, Australia)
- Strong product might produce side effects on larger doses
- Can't buy in stores like CVS, Walmart, Walgreens, etc...
- Can't purchase on Amazon any longer
Turmeric is widely used as an enhancing item by nutritionists and chefs as well as a traditional medicine to heal a wide range of diseases. It is obtained from curcuma longa plant, its roots or rhizome are ground to make the turmeric spice. Turmeric root belongs to the ginger family and it has a distinct color and flavor that adds zest to soups and curries. Its bitter and pungent flavor makes it ideal to flavor mustard, cheese and butter as well as give color to many other dishes.
Apart from being used as a spice, turmeric is also ground to make herbal supplements which can treat a range of illnesses such as dyspepsia, arthritis, menstrual problems, lung infection, bronchitis, cancer, skin problems and more. Below we examine Turmeric Pro as top turmeric supplement in 2016 and see if really does live up to the hype.
Ingredients in Turmeric Pro
Turmeric supplements are made using curcumin; the phenolic compound that contains antioxidant properties. In order to offer healing benefits, turmeric pro should contain at least 95 per cent of standardized curcumin. Turmeric pro from Nexgen Biolabs does not contain any artificial colors or preservatives and it also does not have yeast, gluten or starch.
How Turmeric Pro Works
As stated above, turmeric is used to treat a range of diseases. Research has shown that this turmeric supplement can be used to promote the health of joints, digestive track and the blood vessels. curcumin, the main active ingredient in turmeric pro has the following benefits:
- Acts as a digestive Aid
- Turmeric helps to reduce the symptoms of dyspepsia and indigestion by enhancing bile production.
- Acts as a natural anti-Inflammatory compound
- Both clinical and in-vitro tests have demonstrated that turmeric is very effective in reducing inflammation and as a result, this supplement is recommended to people suffering from chronic inflammatory like arthritis.
Turmeric supplements are available in fluid or tincture extract, powder and tablet form. The recommended dose for turmeric pro powder is 400-600mg three times per day while the dose for the fluid extract is 30-90 drops daily. In tablet form, about 1-3g of the supplement should be taken.
Common side effects
Turmeric is safe and legal over the counter to use especially when applied on the skin or taken through the mouth for a period of eight months. However, it can cause some mild side effects such as: Nausea, diarrhea, dizziness, Stomach Upset and other common mild side effects.
- Pregnant or breast feeding moms should avoid this supplement as it can stimulate the uterus putting the pregnancy at risk or promote menstrual period.
- Turmeric makes gallbladder problems worse hence should be avoided by people with bile duct obstruction or those with gallstones.
- People with bleeding disorders should also avoid turmeric pro as it slows down blood clotting increasing the risk of excessive bleeding.
- Turmeric pro should be taken for a maximum period of 8 months as taking high amounts for a long period prevents the absorption of iron leading to iron deficiency.