Phenrx Reviews (Updated 2020) | OTC Option for Phentermine Diet Meds?
Formulated and created by NexGen BioLabs, PhenRx is an over-the-counter option for those who want to bypass the prescription weight loss pill Phentermine. Below you’ll find information that we’ve compiled in order to evaluate the product and its claims on how it can help you lose weight fast. How effective and safe is PhenRx? Continue reading to learn whether or not this diet pill is actually worth your investment. You’ll gain access to information on its ingredients, the manufacturer’s claims, and people’s reviews, as well as where you can purchase the item at the lowest price if you decide to try it.
Taking PhenRx is easy. All you have to do is take one pill 30 minutes before breakfast and another 30 minutes before dinner. NexGen has stated that the product is clinically proven to help you lose weight, and it does so by:
- Suppressing the Appetite: This probably results from the stimulants in the ingredients.
- Increasing Metabolism: NexGen claims that PhenRx will stimulate your thyroid, which directly influences your metabolism.
- Enhancing Metabolic Function and Fat Burning: By increasing your metabolic rate, PhenRx is also able to influence your body into using more energy while you’re at rest, thereby increasing your natural fat-burning abilities.
While taking PhenRx, you should also feel increased energy and improved mental focus, again thanks to the stimulants contained in it. The stimulants may even increase your motivation to exercise, which is an important component of successful weight loss.
To complement PhenRx overnight, you can purchase NexGen’s PhenRx PM product, which is referred to as a “thermogenic non-stimulant nighttime fat burner.”
Fenphentamine HCL Ingredients
PhenRx lists the ingredients contained within Fenphentamine HCL, which is in contrast to other weight loss product manufacturers that are unwilling to disclose their ingredients. This creates a higher level of trust for the company because you know what they’re selling you. Nevertheless, the actual amount of each ingredient, as well as how the ingredients are mixed together, isn’t disclosed. Therefore, please don’t attempt blending these ingredients on your own at home. Purchase the product instead, which NexGen has created after many hours of research and development.
Below is a list of ingredients in Fenphentamine HCL, along with descriptions of how these ingredients work on their own. We’re unable to say how these ingredients will work together when combined, or how dosages affect their effectiveness. This is merely to give you an overview of what would be going into your body if you took PhenRx.
- Beta-Phenylethylamine (PEA): This stimulant is meant to improve your mood by increasing production of dopamine and reducing its absorption by dopamine receptors. When your mood improves, your appetite is suppressed. This ingredient may also increase metabolism and fat burning.
- N,N-dimethyl-4-hydroxyphenylethylamine (Hordenine): This naturally-occurring alkaloid functions as a stimulant and is often employed in weight loss products as a thermogenic that will increase your metabolic rate and ability to burn excess fat.
- Schizandrol A: This ingredient improves focus and memory. It’s also found in many brain supplements and can improve cognitive function while reducing stress.
- Synephrine HCL: This common dietary supplement helps you lose weight, especially when used with caffeine. HCL salt is a synthetic form of synephrine, which is found naturally in oranges, particularly in bitter oranges, where it’s most highly concentrated.
- Yohimbine HCL: This mild MAOI inhibitor also has a stimulant effect on the body and it has been evaluated for its weight loss benefits. It may block receptors that prevent fat loss, though more research needs to be conducted to prove this. Although it isn’t very effective when used on its own, it’s often combined with other ingredients in weight loss products.
- 1,3,7 – Trimethylxanthine (Caffeine): Caffeine can not only give you energy, it can also suppress your appetite. Use caution when taking this product and consuming coffee, as you may feel too jittery from the overload of caffeine in your system.
According to NexGen, the side effects of Phen Rx are minimal. However, it’s recommended that you talk to your doctor before taking this or any other weight loss supplement. The only side effects provided by the NexGen site are sleeplessness and dry mouth, which are very common side effects of any stimulant.
Keep in mind that this product has stimulants that can increase your blood pressure and heart rate, so use caution. Also, don’t take this product if you’re pregnant or nursing, or if you have high blood pressure, diabetes, cardiovascular disorders, or heart disease. Don’t combine this product with other stimulants.
PhenRx is the product’s nighttime formulation that can be used regularly with PhenRx. It, too, will increase your metabolism and metabolic rate while suppressing your appetite. But rather than giving you energy, it will enhance REM sleep. Simply take one pill 30 minutes before bed.
Ingredients include Magnolia Bark Extract, Green Tea Extract (50% EGCG), Melatonin, Black Pepper Extract, L-Theanine, Raspberry Ketones, Phosphatidylserine, Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid, 7-KetoDhea, and Coleus Forskohli.
There’s actually no overlap in ingredients between PhenRx and PhenRx PM, which is more natural and contains a variety of herbal extracts. Stimulants, which are found in the daytime formula, are much more effective at enhancing weight loss.
PhenRx vs. Phentermine
PhenRx is essentially an OTC alternative to Phentermine, which is a psychostimulant drug within the phenethylamine class. Phentermine is very similar to amphetamine and requires a prescription from your doctor, and it can only be used for short periods. On the other hand, no evidence suggests that PhenRx could result in dependency, and there aren’t any warnings regarding taking it long-term.
In terms of effectiveness, PhenRx and Phentermine are quite similar, though Phentermine has been researched and tested more extensively. Phentermine’s list of side effects is a lot longer, though this could be the result of all the clinical trials it’s been through. PhenRx, which is marketed primarily as a health supplement, does contain FDA-approved ingredients but the FDA hasn’t evaluated the product’s claims.
PhenRx vs. Phentramin-D
This is another over the counter weight loss supplement. Phentramin-D and PhenRx are pretty similar so it is hard to say which one is better. They have both been shown to be effective for people. The prices are a bit different though. Three bottles of PhenRx is $135 while 3 bottles of Phentramin-D is $157. While Phentramin-D is slightly more expensive, it does come with a money back guarantee. I guess it just depends on what matters most to you. They both have coupons currently running for them. Read customer reviews of Phentramin-D to learn more about it.
Does PhenRx Work?
This product does work, though it may be hard to locate studies that have been conducted on the effectiveness of Fenphentamine HCL. There has been quite a bit of research conducted on many of the individual ingredients that are within it, and they have been shown to stimulate weight loss.
Based upon reviews from people who have tried PhenRx, you can see results within the first week alone. Most people lose around 2 pounds, though some may lose as much as 5 pounds per week, which may even be excessive and unhealthy, depending upon the individual’s starting weight.
Where to Purchase Online
If you’re interested in purchasing PhenRx online, it’s best to go to the NexGen website. Even though there are a few third party sellers on Amazon that carry the product, the prices are higher than what NexGen is selling it for. It’s also hard to determine how quickly these sellers are getting rid of the products, and if a bottle sits on a shelf for too long, the ingredients may lose their potency. NexGen is sure to give you the freshest product at a reasonable price, and you can deal with their reliable customer service if you encounter any problems. However, if you really want to go with Amazon, they also provide good customer service and you may find an even better price at some point in the future.
PhenRx Pm is also sold through NexGen’s website. This product only needs to be taken once a day rather than twice a day, and its price is also lower than PhenRx. This product is not as readily available on other sites like Amazon.
Where to Purchase in Stores
We haven’t been able to find PhenRx in any stores, including GNC, Walmart, Walgreens, Rite Aid, and CVS. Perhaps as the product and others like it gain more popularity, they’ll be made available.
Thanks to the more natural ingredients in PhenRx PM, we thought we’d have more luck finding this product in stores, but we came up empty. Again, only time will tell us whether or not these will ever be made available in the most popular brick-and-mortar retail locations.
Get the Best Price
Because it’s difficult to find PhenRx and PhenRx PM on websites other than the NexGen site, we recommend shopping there to get the best price. But check back often, as we’ll keep updating this page to let you know if we find any other retailers or online shops, as well as deals, on these products.